2009-08-05

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is full of interesting places, really scary graveyards, I walked there in daylight, but I wouldn't had liked to go there at night, it was Dracula and Frankenstein feeling over them. There were even a house were somebody lived in one of them. In older days there were graverobbers there, so someone lived there to protect the graves. There had been a koncentration camp there too, and there were ghosts and poltergeists, people had been attacked. The Walter Scott monument was impressive, a big statue and a very big tower over it. Sir Walter Scott wrote Ivanhoe. Keith and I walked up to the castle, the oldest chapel is 1000 years old, it is built on an old vulcano, we met the owner of a souvenir shop there, he hadn't opened yet, so he sat there in his underwear and dressed himself in his kilt. He took off the underwear when he had the kilt on, they don't have anything underneath.
The weather changed several times a day, sun,rain,sun again, more rain, I sang a song for myself, It always rains in Edinburgh,Caledonia. It was no problem, I had clothes for it. Most people there had no rainclothes, as I didn't have so much clothes with me, I didn't want to get wet. It was a charm with that too, but I recommend Gore Tex if you go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment