2009-07-15

Hasse, the busdriver

I will go on my annual bustrip to Stockholm, 1100 km, on Saturday, after that to Skavsta Airport, Nyköping and Ryan Air to Edinburgh. I use to go with Tapani's bus every year. they change driver in Sundsvall, Hasse takes over, he is the buscompany's answer on Basil Fawlty, always angry if the passengers put the bags wrong, don't know the bookingnumber and so on. He was angry to many people the first time I heard him, even to me because I had asked if i could go off the bus in Haparanda. I had the ticket to Tornio. It is cheaper to buy the ticket from Tornio because they reduce a tax when you travel over the border to Finland. It is only 500 meters between the two bus stations. He had already put in my bag to Tornio and didn't like to move it.
It is the same every year, I listen what he has to say, if he is angry to somebody. I even said it to Tapani's once at a market that I have never seen that kind of busdriver before. It is cheap to take the bus, only 900 SEK to Stockholm and back to Haparanda. But it takes 16 hours one way. Luleå-Stockholm with Norweigan is also cheap,600 SEK, but it costs money to go from Haparanda to Kallax Airport. I recommend you who is keen on visiting north Sweden, take the bus, www.tapanis .se, they drive three times a week. Norweigan has plans for a direct flight from Luleå to maybe, it's not sure, London. One alternative is to go from Helsinki to Kemi, Finland, it is only 25 km from Haparanda. There is a famous snowcastle in Kemi every winter. This was a little touristinformation, I use to do that too from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment