2009-06-14

ABBA

In the sixties I liked several bands, for example Hep Stars, two of the members were Svenne Hedlund and Benny Andersson, they had a hit with 'Cadillac'. "My baby drew up with a brand new Cadillac". Svenne had scoliosis, a hunchback, so once a guy shouted to him " Take off the rucksack!" All girls had a poster of him on the wall.

An other band was Hootenanny Singers with Hansi Schwartz and Björn Ulvaeus, they sang 'Gabrielle wipe your tears'. Benny and Björn formed a new band with their girlfriends, they called themselves Fästfolket, the Couples, but changed name after a while and used their initials Annifrid, Benny, Agnetha, Björn. ABBA.

I was in the Military in 1973, and the first day there, there was a guy who said that he would leave because he was going to play with ABBA. In Midsummer that year I went to a 'Festival mountain' about 120 km from home, Brännaberget, I used to go dancing every weekend.

ABBA played there, I stood and listened for a while, then I left, 'only playback' I thought, the girls in the dancehall were more attractive.

In 1974, ABBA won the Eurovision Song Contest and were world famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment