2009-06-29

Some like it hot

The title refers to the first movie allowed from 15 I saw, I think it was 1960. My dad was the cinema operator, so I saw it from the projector room. It is about two musicians, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon who happens to see the Valentine's Day massacre 1929 and is chased by the maffia. They dress themselves in ladies clothes and hide in a ladies orchestra, there they meet the sexy Sugar, Marilyn Monroe. A millionaire, Joe E. Brown , known in the filmhistory for the biggest laugh, is in love with Jack Lemmon as he thinks he is a woman, in the end when Jack says that he is a man, Joe says; Nobody is perfect. It is a very funny film, and also a musical,Sugar.
I saw almost all films when I was young,except for in Summer when we lived in our Summerhouse on an island. There were no age limits, I saw everything, the only limit was if the film was very long, it was only wooden chairs, so I left after half the film, Dr Zhivago with Omar Sharif is one example. We sometimes ate plums and brown beans before so we could fart during the film. Mostly the film wasn't the most important, it was the talking before it started and in the pause in the middle when he changed film in the projector. It was an important meetingplace in the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment