2009-06-17

The professor

I mentioned earlier the professor I met in the military tent. I noticed him at once because he had tweedknickers when we signed in. Someone said that he was a chemistry professor from Uppsala, I keep the name for myself, he is still with us. He was boss in the University for our commanding officer, a lieutenant. I remember him because was laying in the tent and singing an underbelt version of Tivedshambo by Stikkan Andersson, ABBA's manager. I know the text, but If I write it somebody might be offended. When the Nobel Prize was given one year, I saw his name, he is member of the Royal Academy of Science. What I want to say with this is that the military repetition weeks makes boys of men. We are all the same no matter what we do in the civilian life as soon as we wear the uniform, all social roles disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment