2009-06-27

Bror The Porcupineman

I was in Kalix yesterday with my wife at the Kalixdays. We were selling bling bling at Mainstreet there. I met Bror there, he owns two secondhand stores, and he had a table outside his store with stuff that all were 10 SEK. He sold clothes in the fifties,and used to come to my village and sell in Folkets Hus. My dad bought all clothes from him. It was cheap, it was always possible to get a lower prize from him.
I remember when we bought gloves, I had a pair, very warm of catskin, I don't think the sell catskin gloves today. Once he showed us a pair of gloves, this is porcupine (Sw.piggsvin)he said. He showed the text inside, Pigskin. I always think of porcupine when I see him. English isn't easy. We shall go there today too, I hope I can manage it, I have a toothproblem so I have to eat painkillers. Yesterday they gave klådda to all there, it is a Kalix dish, bread, fish and potatoes. It gives me another memory, when I was a little child I said to my dad that a little old lady looked like a klådda. He said that I shall say Aunt, so I said Aunt Klådda next time we saw her

No comments:

Post a Comment