2009-06-23

Jim Reeves and Gunnar Wiklund

I looked at clips similar to my clip with William Clauson, and found Jim Reeves and Gunnar Wiklund. It gives me memories from my youth when I was at the movie twice a week. It was free for me because my dad was the cinema operator. He played a record before it started, and almost every time it was Jim Reeves with Adios amigo. Jim Reeves died in a planecrash in 1964. Gunnar Wiklund sang his songs in Swedish, he was from Luleå, and my mum said once that he was a distant relative to us. Once when I had walked up on a mountain and stood at the top, i came to think about that it was 500 miles to home, so I sang their song Away from home, away from home. I'm 500 miles away from home(Detroit City) Gunnar Wiklund had problems with oral galvanism in many years, I saw him perform at a market before he died.



No comments:

Post a Comment