2009-06-16

Bengt Pohjanen

I have written about Bengt Pohjanen in the local newspaper several times the last month. The reason for that is that he is celebrating the old fennomans. A fennoman is a finnish nationalist who wants to wipe out everything that isn't Finnish and also integrate the Finnish speaking part of Sweden, Tornevalley into Finland. He has written that he wants to blow away the statue of the founder of The Peoples Highschool in Övertorneå, De Vylder, and replace it with the fennoman Wanhainen. De Vylder's son is 95 and has been very upset about this. Pohjanen has also said that that 'the devil has come to Meänmaa', Our Land in Tornevalleyfinnish, he means De Vylder. Now he has appologized in Haparandabladet.

I have written more that haven't been published yet, I have suggested a Pohjanen musical with songs like 'I wanna be like you', 'Don't cry for me' and 'Pajala, Pajala'.

He has been crying over Wanhainen's grave in Övertorneå. I have also written a fairytale about an owl whitch makes fun of him and his parents.

1 comment:

  1. Moi, I have visited this grave where my grandfather (morfar) and grandmmother rests many times. They where both awarded the White Rose of Finland by Mannerheim after the war for their efforts along the border. I just asked my mother Aino born W. (now 2015 97yrs old) but she has never heared her her father Walde W. arguing that Tornedalen should become finnish.
    Best rgds Matts Floderus

    ReplyDelete