2009-06-23

Loch Lomond

There is a very beautiful lake in Scotland, which I hope to see next month. It's called Loch Lomond. The song Loch Lomond was written by a dying soldier who knew that he should never see the lake again. It is about that his comrades take the high road, the ordinary roads there, and he takes the low road,the death road, "And I'll be in Scotland afore ye". He should be there first.
I mentioned earlier that I was teatching English in the evenings, one group was retired seniors. It was fun, much funnier than the other group with younger persons I had another evening that period. Anyway, It was ten evenings, three lessonhours an evening, and the last evening they had brought coffee and cookies. I had songbooks, and we should sing Loch Lomond, I said that they should sing it with Scottish accent, and they did. "By yon bonnie banks And by yon bonnie brraes Where the sun shines brright of Loch Lomond". They gave me a gift too.

1 comment:

  1. That is actually a great song! Never really paid much attention to it before, but good song indeed.

    ReplyDelete