2009-06-19

The Enbom Affair

1952 there was a spyaffair in Sweden. A former reporter at the communist newspaper Norrskensflamman, Fritiof Enbom had was arrested for spying for Soviet. Six other persons were arrested after his arrest. Enbom and Hugo Gjersvold got lifetime in prison, Fingal Larsson six years. This is a big scandal, because Enbom has made it all up. Enbom said to the Police that Larsson had talked about secret defense buildings in a village in Norrbotten, but there weren't any there, they were built three years later. Gjersvold spent 10 years in prison for driving a truck to some fortresses. Their children are still fighting for their right.
1972 a TV serie was filmed about this, my dad had been in a radiotheater, so he was asked if he could play Enbom. He worked at the sawmill, so he said no. The role was given to Helge Skoog, today the funniest master of improvisation in Sweden. My mum and I was in the film. I was there one day, it was a political meeting, and my relatives Thores Trio was playing.
They cut my hair, and the next time I was asked to go there, I didn't want to because the hair had grown out. I got some pictures from the film from Bror, a guy from the film that I met several years later when we studied together. He used to notice what I said and write in the schoolpaper. I had to tell him not to.

Wikipedia:
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritiof_Enbom

No comments:

Post a Comment