2009-06-21

William Clauson

In the sixties I liked an artist very much, his name was William Clauson. He sang Latin-american songs, I still like them very much and I saw him once in Kalix. One guy shouted cocoroco to him. One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard is Evert Taube's Min älskling du är som en ros. It is from a Scottish song by Robert Burns My love is a red red rose. I heard it with William Clauson in Spanish for more than 30 years ago on the radio and I have never heard it again until now. He has emigrated to America and I thought he was dead. I found it on youtube today, Mi amor tu es una rosa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Mats Johansson and I'm living
    in Luleå. I'm a personal freind with William
    Clauson. I have wrote facts about him which
    has been picked up on the CD W.C.'s best 1954 -
    1975. Check out: www.williamclauson.com ,the
    site is runned by his youngest son. Greetings from: Mats Johansson.

    ReplyDelete