2009-06-13

Välkommen, Welcome

Välkommen till min blogg, jag kommer att skriva resten av det här inlägget på engelska så att mina vänner overseas förstår.

Welcome to my blog, I live in a region in north Sweden that is quite unknown in the south Sweden, and most likely in the rest of the world, Torne Valley is an exciting mix between Swedish, Finnish and Lappish. There is a week here in the fall when the workers on the farms was allowed to seek new jobs in the old days, it's called Römppäviikko in Tornevalleyfinnish, Rumpvecka in Swedish, Ass-week in English. This week, they found new lovers.

It is more men than women here, the girls move and the boys stay and hunt and fish and drive snowmobile. One year a group of British women came to the week, it is still celebrated, and one of them got the question if she knows how it is like here. She answered that she had read Jean M. Auel's book about the Neanderthals, so she knows how it is.

There is a book by Mikael Niemi, Popularmusic, that describes the region, it also gives me memories from my childhood.

I will tell you about interesting people and stories from my life in the blog.

I am engaged in the local debate by writing anonymus texts in the local newspaper under different signatures, for the moment it is Ummikko, it is a name that Finnish speaking people give Swedes who can't speak Finnish. I don't like the name Ummikko at all, but I use it of the same reason an afroamerican can call himself nigger.

In Haparandabladet a famous Swedish author, Bengt Pohjanen has written about bad Swedish Police, Customs, School, Church, in several years, he attacs people who has been dead in 50 years and their children, so I write songs, limericks, a fairytale about him. He doesn' t like it.

More about that later.

One year the Social Democrats had no working class flags or songs at First May.

I didn't like it, so I wrote a song that they could use next time, it was in Swedish, but the meaning was like this; Working class Day we give a shit, The songs are heard a little bit.

This region is very beautiful, friendly people and I hope that I can give a good picture of it so people want to visit here.

I will also tell you about a Gypsy family here who are known as the most dysfunctional family in Sweden, some of them are my friends.

That's all for now folks


No comments:

Post a Comment