2009-06-22

The Vatican

I studied Latin seven hours a week in two years, humanistic half-classic, I still remember Caesar's speech; Cum tacent, clamant. cum quiescunt, probant. I dreamt about it, talked in the sleep. The teatcher wanted to go to the Vatican with us, but we never did, but I have in a way come there anyway. Authors sometimes ask people for help in their research, and Yours Truly is one of them. I have helped several authors, and one of them is an elderly man who has written a book about all Popes.
He thanked me personally in the book for the help and he was invited to the Pope Johannes Paulus II. The book is in the Vatican and so is my name.
It feels great.
By the way, Cum tacent, clamant means when they are quiet, they shout. I have forgot the translation of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment